- These terms and conditions apply to the use of any ROOTS Magazine website and its Content. By using this website, you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must refrain from using the website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully as you will be bound by them each and every time you use this website or access its Content.
2. (a) In these terms and conditions:
(i) the expressions “we”, “us” and “our” are a reference to ROOTS Magazine (roots-magazine.eu, roots-magazine.co.uk) and its operator, Svobodna priroda z.s., Czech Republic, its subsidiaries and associated companies, its directors, employees, contractors, sub-contractors and agents;
(ii) a reference to one gender includes a reference to all other genders;
(iii) a reference to a natural person means and includes a natural person, a company, a firm or other legal entity whether acting as a trustee or not;
(b) “Content” means the content of the website and includes words, images computer code graphics, logos, icons, sound recordings and software;
(c) “Website” includes and means the online magazine ROOTS Magazine, a related Publication and the Content of any related website chat room or linked website or any website using the ROOTS Magazine branding with a different URL (eg .co .uk etc);
(d) “Publication” means any ROOTS Magazine, online or otherwise, in hard or soft format;
(e) “You” means the user of the website.
(f) “Advertiser” means any advertiser on our website or in any Publication;
- (a) We try to make ROOTS Magazine broadly available to everyone, but you cannot visit the website if you are under 18 years old.
(b) We do not accept responsibility for any loss damage, however caused (including through negligence), which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of this website or any linked website, nor do we accept any responsibility for any loss arising out of your use of or reliance on information contained on or accessed through this website.
(c) We do not warrant the accuracy of any information published on any website nor endorse or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statements made by any contributor of Content. Opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information or Content made available through the website are those of the authors of Content and should not be relied upon by you.
(d) The information provided on any website is of a general nature only. Opinions expressed are those of the individual author and do not necessarily reflect our opinions, policies or procedures. You should not act upon or rely upon any information provided and where relevant should seek specific guidance from a qualified professional. The Content provided is not intended as a substitute for professional advice.
(e) Models are used for illustrative purposes only and there should be no presumption of sexual orientation by virtue of publication of images on the website. The use of a model’s image does not necessarily represent an endorsement of or a connection to any particular product or service.
(f) Any reference to other organisations or companies including their internet sites is not an endorsement or warranty of the services, information or products provided by them.
(g) Whilst we have no reason to believe that any information contained on any website is inaccurate, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of such information, nor do we undertake to keep this website updated. We do not accept responsibility for loss suffered as a result of reliance by you upon the accuracy or currency of information contained on any website.
(h) Responsibility for the Content of advertisements appearing on this website (including hyperlinks to advertisers’ own websites) rests solely with the advertisers. The placement of such advertisements does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement by us of the advertisers’ products and each advertiser is solely responsible for any representations made in connection with their advertisement.
(i) You acknowledge that the Content contained on any website may of be sexual in nature or relate to sexual orientation or may include information on drugs, other legal or illegal substances, guides, manuals, and the like. You agree that if you are offended by any Content you will not use the website.
(j) You acknowledge that Content is purely informative and it is supposed to serve for studying and educational purposes only. Under no circumstances, we DO NOT ENCOURAGE third parties to use, make, create, treat, or handle in any other way psychoactive substances. You agree that if you are offended by any such Content you will not use the website.
(k) You acknowledge that we do not necessarily screen any users of any website for their character, conduct or criminal background.
- To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is hereby excluded.
Where legislation implies any condition or warranty, and that legislation prohibits us from excluding or modifying the application of, or our liability under, any such condition or warranty, that condition or warranty will be deemed included but our liability will be limited for a breach of that condition or warranty to one or more of the following:
(a) the supplying of the services again or
(b) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again, and if for Subscription services limited to the cost of the Subscription to any website.
- You must ensure that your access to any website is not illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to you.
- You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system. For the removal of doubt, we do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of any website or any linked website.
- Copyright vesting in any website (including text, graphics, logos, icons, sound recordings and software) is owned or licensed by us. Other than for the purposes of, and subject to the conditions prescribed under, the Copyright Act and similar legislation which applies in your location, and except as expressly authorised by these terms and conditions, you may not in any form or by any means:
(a) adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any Content or part of this website;
(b) commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this website; without our express written permission.
8. The mark or device ROOTS Magazine is owned by us. You are not permitted to use, reproduce, distribute, transmit, modify, publicly display any device or mark of ours or represent that you are associated with us in any way.
- Unless we agree otherwise in writing, you are provided with access to this website for your personal and non-commercial use only. You are authorised to print a copy of any information contained on this website for your personal use, unless such printing is expressly prohibited. You may only reproduce Content using correct citation to this website or to an article or any published piece. You may only refer to the material keeping it unaltered and with a clearly visible citation/referencing note. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not, without our written permission, sell further any information obtained from this website.
Linked Web Sites
- This website may contain links to other websites (“linked websites”). Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained.
- We are not responsible for the Content or privacy practices associated with linked websites.
- Our links with linked websites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the owners or operators of those linked websites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained on those linked websites.
Dealing with Advertisers
- You acknowledge that an advertiser in a publication is a separate legal entity to us and we are not responsible for the claims or conduct of any advertiser, their terms, conditions, warranties or representations, in any dealings with you. We are not an agent of the advertiser. We are not liable for nor responsible for any loss or damage which you may suffer as a result of your dealings with any advertiser or because of the presence of such advertiser in any of our publications.
- At any time we may change Subscription pricing, payment options or renewal terms.
15. At our sole discretion we may suspend or terminate the Subscription of any member who acts in contravention of these terms and conditions.
16. If your Subscription is terminated because of your conduct (a contravention or breach of these terms) you will not be refunded any Subscription paid.
17. You may cancel your Subscription and terminate our legal relationship at any time but if you have contracted with us for a fixed period Subscription then you will be liable to pay us the remainder of your Subscription fees.